How much do you really know about conception and fertility? Here are some facts of fertility you must know-
- Women with multiple fetuses are more than twice as likely to develop high blood pressure of pregnancy and premature birth.
- There is a higher than average chance of conceiving twins with IVF treatment.
- Single women can go for fertility treatment to procure their biological child.
- Moderate regular exercise can improve fertility and the chance of having a baby
- Knowledge about stress coping strategies and their consequences is a prerequisite for professional fertility treatment.
- Women under chronic stress may ovulate less regularly, making it more difficult to plan pregnancy
- Yoga calms the body and relieves it of stress, anxiety, and worry. Regular yoga and meditation can boost fertility
- Ovulation disorders can cause irregular cycles and hamper conception.
- Women do not develop new eggs over time, but are born with a finite number of eggs.
- In vitro fertilisation is a process of fertilisation where an egg is combined with sperm outside the body, in vitro.
- Vitamin D supplementation has a beneficial effect on serum lipids in PCOS women. Vitamin D treatment improves endometriosis
- Vaccinations before or during pregnancy protect women from potentially serious illnesses and confer both resistance to intrauterine infections and passive immunity to the newborn.
- Organic cosmetics should be choosen over chemical products as many can lead to hormonal disorders and infertility.
- Infertility due to tubo-ovarian dysfunction result mostly from infections. Prevention of infection is a major step towards fertility preservation
- Mother and baby bonding starts soon after birth and it is enhanced by breast feeding
- There is nothing called fertility food , a healthy diet enhances fertility.
- Young women diagnosed with cancer should opt for fertility preservation before cancer therapy.